un Call IMI-2 sur la thématique vaccination & immuno-senescence (healthy aging) vient d’être lancé.
Mission and objectives
The mission of CoReVac is to facilitate, coordinate and boost vaccine researches from bench to bedside and to the society, at the national level and in tight collaboration with european and international partners.
CoReVac represents a nationwide multidisciplinary network of partners involved in vaccine researches, from basic pre-clinical and translational to clinical epidemiological and societal researches, gathering:
- research institutes and units under IMMI and Aviesan (particularly Santé publique; Immunologie, hématologie, pneumologie; Cancer; Technologie pour la santé...)
- stakeholders funding those R&D efforts,
- public health bodies involved in vaccine implementation.
It involves more specifically several already existing vaccine research platforms such as the clinical research REIVAC network (link to the website) allowing multicentric clinical trials and the new french primate platform facility IDMIT (link to the website).
- Basic and structural vaccinology researches: to define and create the fragments of pathogens to be targeted and the immunologic pathways used by adjuvants to boost vaccine efficacy, to invent new vaccine formulations or novel immune monitoring tools to evaluate vaccine efficacy...
- Preclinical researches: in ethically acceptable and reliable small and large, innovative animal models, requiring large validated platforms...
- Translational researches: in preclinical models or in a clinical situation to define the molecular epidemiology and the protective immunity to these new diseases.
- Clinical researches: to evaluate and develop novel vaccines safety, immunogenicity and clinical efficacy in clinical trials, respecting the good clinical practices in all sets of populations both in europe and in developing countries.